Sunday, May 17, 2009

In which my soul gets stomped on, and there is Calculus, Batman, and a disproportionate amount of crazy people in Alaska.

Hiiiiiiiiiiii.

So I was thinking about this, and I like the people I am friends with! And the thought of leaving everyone (in mid-August! what is that?!) makes my soul feel like it is being stomped on, just a little. Not in a scary way, where I am totally unable to make it through life on my own and need to keep you all around me forever and ever. Just. In a sad way?

(Or possibly in the aforementioned scary way! I will keep that to myself, though.)

Luckily for all of you, instead of trying to explain this, I am going to post pictures. 

This, for example? Is some (slightly questionable) Calculus being used to prove that Batman's secret identity is Bruce Wayne. If this was what we'd done in Calculus, I would have understood math's real-world applications!



This is secretly the reason I haven't learned to drive. If anything at all went wrong, I'd call Car Talk. Er. If there are secret NPR geeks reading my blog, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.


Alaska is off-the-charts gorgeous. It also has an impressive proportion of odd people to normal people, considering the relatively small number of people who actually inhabit it. I mean, when you think about it, there are a lot of bears in Alaska. And some salmon. Probably there are rabbits, because the are rabbits in most places. THERE ARE ALSO MOOSE.

The point is, the number of crazy people in Alaska is disproportionate.

Moose!

Monty Python and koalas are two things that are on my mind right now, filed under the category of Really, Really Fab. Just in case you wanted to know.

2 comments:

  1. I LISTENED TO CAR TALK JUST YESTERDAY!!! I AM AN NPR FIEND.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAUREL, YOU ARE JUST PRETTY MUCH THE GREATEST, THE END.

    ReplyDelete