Monday, April 27, 2009

In which I am homesick already, I have made a decision, and I don't want to learn about a new washing machine.

So, I put down my enrollment and housing deposit for American University in Washington D.C. today. Which is a lot of things. It is, for example, really exciting, fantastic, relieving, and also, um, completely terrifying. 

I think I'm homesick already.

I don't want to use some weird washing machine, and I don't want to have to text my friends if I want to complain about how tired I am, and I don't want to be in a different time zone then everybody else-- when I'm tired at nine in the morning? I'll have to wake you guys up at six to complain about it. Needless to say I'm not going to do that, but...it'll probably be tempting. Because oh, I don't know, I'LL MISS YOU.

This is all very strange, folks. I mean, I was looking through the course catalog? And don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thrilled. I can't wait to see what I can do with myself in D.C., and I can't wait to see what the people in the lovely District of Columbia think of me. ;]

(Guys, what if NO ONE LIKES ME? This is like the first day of kindergarten all over again, jeez.)

Anywho. That decision's made, and here's hoping everything works out for me and for everyone I know. College-wise and...pretty much anything-else-wise too. :]

4 comments:

  1. I'm probably not the poster-story for successful college experiences, but I can promise you that people will like you. It seems really scary, but everyone will be in the same boat and will be just as terrified as you.

    Can I commend you for going to American University? Congratulations. I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poster-story? AWESOME. I meant to say poster-child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 I feel like I helped in this decision. American is perfect for you and I know you're going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh, these replies are so ridiculously belated!

    Ingrid: Thanks. :] I know these things, somewhere in the vaguely rational part of my brain, but it is really nice to hear them from someone else. And thanks for the congratulations, as well!

    Taylor: You did! Also, here's hoping you helped me make THE RIGHT CHOICE. ;]

    ReplyDelete