Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In which the Yankees just really need to lose.

"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance."

If anyone can offer me a religion with a god devoted specifically to ensuring Yankees' losses, I will convert right this very minute.

BOOOOOOO. :[

The quote, for the record, is from Bull Durham.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, Emily. Here's the secret: they're never going to stop almost always winning, and especially now that you live in DC you're close enough to root for them. It's much easier to just give in and lessen the heartbreak.

    I'm sorry, but my baseball education was when my dad lived two hours north of the city and my brother who taught me everything about sports went to NYU. It's fun to be a Yankees fan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Unfortunately for me, my parents are both Northwest born and bred, so I'm a Mariners fan through and through. Anyway, I'm just as close to the Phillies! And even closer to Baltimore, not that I'm about to drop everything and root for the Orioles.

    YOU WIN THIS ONE, HAYLEY. But there is always next year. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're about mid-range in size, rising in total to about 12 inches. the Canaries for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairly uncommon. Is likely to appreciate it for people who include community forums or anything, internet site theme . a tones way for the client to communicate. Excellent job.. Andrea Natale Austin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It remains a supply of information after you purchase your parrot because it provides handling tips, Parakeets

    ReplyDelete