Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In which 106 degrees is just wrong, HuffPo brings the giggles, and Britain mocks the week.

Hello, internets. How've you been? :] 

How I've Been (Yet Another List):

o1. Too hot. I don't mean, like, "gosh, this temperature is a mite uncomfortable for those of us who were born and bred in the Pacific Northwest, hope it drops a few degrees," I mean, "gosh, it doesn't matter where you live, 106 degrees is just wrong." 

o2. Grateful for The Huffington Post.

I know it's an extremely liberal source, and I don't get my news from there, but I sure get my giggles. 

Case in point: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/03/orly-taitz-melts-down-on_n_250441.html

An angry Fraggle! Oh HuffPo, I love you.

o3. Enamored of history books.

I love reading, quite a lot. And I love reading about history so much that sometimes it worries me. 

(Except not really, because is it possible to love reading about history too much? Correct answer: no. No other answers will be accepted. 

o4. In a frenzied state of packing.

When I'm not reading history books or HuffPo, I'm packing (also, packing, and also, packing!). Who knew I'd accumulated so much crap?

Actually, I did know I'd accumulated this much crap. I just didn't ever anticipate having to do something about it. Ah, well.

o5. Watching quite a lot of Mock the Week. 

Mock the Week is an irreverent, inappropriate, laugh-out-loud hilarious British TV show, which recaps the week's news in thoroughly manic and amusing ways. 

AND I ADORE IT.

That is all. 


That really is all. I've found myself having quite a lot to say about politics, lately, but I think I'll hold onto that until I've managed to put it together into something coherent, interesting and (hopefully) funny, instead of what it is now, which is a mess of incoherent, angry thoughts that no one would actually enjoy reading. Venting has its place, but I'd rather the face I presented to the general public was a little more tactful. ;]

1 comment: