Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In which I carry toilet paper, cannot make up my mind about Poisonwood, and announce that my word is law.

Have you ever strode through an Albertson's parking lot carrying three large packages of toilet paper? 

I do not recommend it, actually. It makes you feel just a tad silly, and has little to no entertainment value. 

General Stuff, Also Known As, Stuff in General: 

1. I am really not sure what to make of Poisonwood Bible. On the one hand, I'm liking it an awful lot more then Heart of Darkness (it was dark; we were moving into the darkness' heart, where it was dark; it was dark in the darkness; I felt as if it was becoming darker in the dark darkness, where it was darkly dark, surrounded by impenetrably dark darkness), and I find the characters relatively interesting. On the other hand I can't help feeling at times that Kingsolver is preaching to me, a little (no pun intended). Which I have never enjoyed.

2. I have decided that the animal-type-thing that Colin drew on our "baby toy" for Early Human is the next Teletubby, basically. Only, as Colin has pointed out, it will not be able to say "hello," as it is saying on the baby toy. It will have to speak in some strange and unintelligible "language." So. Glorpnog! 

(You have to imagine it said in a friendly tone, obviously. Friendly, but somehow terrifying.) 

3. HOW HARD WAS THAT "HALL OF FAME" SURVEY? 

Answer: AAAAAAAAAHHH. 

Seriously, AP classes have done nothing to prepare me for the sheer terror of filling that thing out. Hardest to forget? Person I'd bring home to mom and dad? Best of friends? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

The only one that was a cinch to decide was my write-in vote. Most Quietiest: Colin Gorestein. Congrats, Colin, you will live on in infamy. I'm just that important-- my responses to surveys are law. 

4. The Dutch just won their World Baseball Classic game against the Dominican Republic! I've discovered, over the course of this eleven inning game, that I am a sucker for underdogs from the Netherlands. Apparently there's some good baseball making its way out of Amsterdam-- who knew? 

3 comments:

  1. You and Col are already planning out your kids' toys, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will note the quotation marks, please. :P

    Colin was speculating today about how we could write things on it, like "haha, you can't walk and you're not even very cute," since the baby wouldn't be able to read. Trust me, you don't want ANYBODY'S kid to have this toy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i penciled in Most Indiest and Most Wittiest for Colin as well. what very well-rounded man!

    ReplyDelete